Tuesday, April 14, 2009

FORGIVENESS















I was once told that the gift of true friendship is the most precious gift you can ever bestow on someone. Though, I still agree with this observation, I have a slightly different perspective shaped by years of experience. First, friendship is a rare commodity and honestly, the most precious gift you can ever give someone is forgiveness. Second, forgiveness is a necessary ingredient in any successful relationship and third, forgiveness is a choice. So today, I simply chose to forgive because God first forgave me.

Personal Prayer: Heavenly Father, I pray that you will set me free from unforgiveness. Allow me to extend the grace that you so freely offer me to others. I know that it is by your power that I have been set free. Today, I ask that you teach me how to embrace your grace and experience freedom in every area of my life. Please do not let stubbornness, bitterness or unforgiveness block my blessings. Help me move beyond the mistakes of yesterday by empowering me to embrace today. Amen!


"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." (Ephesians 4:32)



SHARE:

No comments

Dawn Marie Bright's Playlist

© Dawn Marie Bright | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig