Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mystery of War

WHERE THERE IS NO PEACE
THERE IS WAR




Last night I said a prayer for the soldiers who could not be here







I prayed for the families of the broken and torn






Mysteries to grand to conceive filled my prayers







Youth who will never reclaim their innocence




Parents who will bury their children prematurely






Wives who will explain to their sons daddy is not coming home




Husbands who will painfully tell their daughters mommy is forever gone



Communities who will mourn alone



Singing the unclaimed hero's song




Last night I tried to understand the mysteries of war





My heart bled for those in pain





I sobbed let peace replace war



Joy replace pain



Love replace hate



Truth replace lies



Generosity replace greed




Dear God turn enemies into friends


Bring an allegiance between the race of men




Last night I prayed for the reality contained in the mystery of war

Photos take from http://www.army.mil/
SHARE:

No comments

Dawn Marie Bright's Playlist

© Dawn Marie Bright | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig